General Category > General Discussion

Crown centres

(1/3) > >>

Bill21:
I could really use a couple of these in the smaller sizes for both headstock and tailstock. The Sorby ones are way out of my price range so I looked at those at Chronos. Sadly though they don’t seem to make a small one for the headstock in MT2 to fit my lathe. I do however have a MT2 to MT1 sleeve I could use. Has anyone tried this?

Twisted Trees:
No, not tried it as such but have used an MT2 to MT1 adaptor for a pen drive mandrill, it was OK. if your work piece is small then would a ring drive work for you?

Just looked at the Chronos site, that crown drive appears to be attached to the MT shaft with a grub screw, it may be worth contacting them to see if there is an option to buy an MT2 shaft with the same head fitting.

Bill21:
It was cheap enough so I’ve ordered one. I may even be able to clamp the parallel part of it in my chuck jaws. This is my preferred way anyway as it means I don’t need to remove the chuck. I bought a chuck mounted Sorby one many years ago but it’s a bit big for some of the stuff I want to do.

burywoodturners:
Souns interesting, can we see a photo or two?

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: burywoodturners on February 22, 2020, 04:34:50 PM ---Souns interesting, can we see a photo or two?

--- End quote ---

Can do better than that, it is here... https://www.chronos.ltd.uk/product/sct-crown-drive-centre-mt1-shank-1-2-head-diameter-spring-loaded/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version