General Category > General Discussion

Coronet Herald v Axminster AT350WL

(1/2) > >>

Billybones:
Hi all! I’m new to the forum and I was looking for some advice if possible please? Although a well-ish seasoned joiner by trade I’m new to wood turning. I’ve been doing some research for some weeks now and I think I’ve narrowed down the lathe I’d like to buy to 2 candidates, the Herald or AT350WL. I’d like to know your opinions as to which is the better of the two? Heralds seem to be very well spoken of, and the reviews on Axminster’s website seem to praise their offering. The Axminster seems to have a little more potential distance between centres, the Herald perhaps a bit more grunt and better guarantee but beyond this I’m not too sure. Any advice is most welcomed. Kind regards in advance. Paul  :)

GBF:
Axminster without a shadow of a doubt.
A far superior lathe much more power.
I tested the Herald and I own 2 of the Axminster lathes and I know wich I would buy.

Regards George

Billybones:
Thanks George

John D Smith:

Yes 100% the Axminster they also give excellent after sales service.

Regards John

michaelb:
Agree with the choice with the Axminster lathe but I have had a couple of poor customer service albeit not an the lath but with band saw bearings the had no spares said they could get from America for £40+ went to local  tractor baring shop £3.50 plus vat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version