General Category > General Discussion

want to talk turning?

<< < (3/3)

David Buskell:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on March 30, 2020, 12:06:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Paul Hannaby on March 29, 2020, 11:36:49 PM ---The AWGB are looking to host some online live chat (as in talking, not typing) sessions which you can log in and participate on a PC, Mac, phone or tablet with audio and optional video. More shortly once we get up and running...

--- End quote ---

Problem with that is it descends into chaos quickly, we did it as a family today with 11 of us including 3 grandchildren, it was madness, but fun! at least with typing you can scroll up and down the chat a bit!

--- End quote ---

That's not necessarily the case if you use something like Zoom. The host has control over the mic settings and can set them as mute or open. We had a Zoom session with 183 participants and everyone was able to speak directly to the host when they needed to plus of course there was a Chat Room running at the same time. You're able to download the entire chat session at the end of the meeting.
Some of us on the Forum were also in that session.

Interactive Remote Demos have been going since 2017 or so, and are now coming into their own. You can have your demonstrator link to your venue (not now of course) or direct to your members homes. Cindy Drozda on your living room TV? no problem and you can immediately interact with her.

The current trend to use FB or YT with questions via chat, is really where we were pre 2017 but I will say the quality of the video has improved since then.

The AWGB is learning the new tricks and as Paul says, you'll be able to participate from your own laptop. Enjoy!

I'm happy to provide links to some of the sessions on how to use the new tech if you as a demonstrator are interested or if your club wants to examine the benefits for their members. Also happy to set up a Zoom meeting with you to discuss.

michaelb:
Agree with David  as a Zoom user no problems with talk over etc max I have had is 37 but for a 1 hour brief all able to contribute with Q & A  and its not rocket science to set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version