General Category > General Discussion

Anybody there?

<< < (5/7) > >>

seventhdevil:
just wondering if it is in fact a birch???

can you photo an area of quartersawn timber???  i need to see the rays if possible.

burywoodturners:

--- Quote from: seventhdevil on April 04, 2020, 11:03:31 PM ---Ron, others may be able to talk about things other than wood but i can't. seriously, ask anyone who has met me.  it's all i know...

pretty sure i'd be diagnosed as having asperger's if i were to be assessed as i have all the indicators in spades. i'm very like Chris Packham.

not sure i'd ever have anything else to talk about if the conversation was changed.

--- End quote ---
Steve, you are already in a conversation with me, gotta start somewhere! Lets expand it to what you do with piece of wood once you have indentified it.
Ron

Bryan Milham:

--- Quote from: seventhdevil on April 05, 2020, 05:52:56 PM ---just wondering if it is in fact a birch???

--- End quote ---

Birch was my assumption.

seventhdevil:

--- Quote from: burywoodturners on April 05, 2020, 05:55:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: seventhdevil on April 04, 2020, 11:03:31 PM ---Ron, others may be able to talk about things other than wood but i can't. seriously, ask anyone who has met me.  it's all i know...

pretty sure i'd be diagnosed as having asperger's if i were to be assessed as i have all the indicators in spades. i'm very like Chris Packham.

not sure i'd ever have anything else to talk about if the conversation was changed.

--- End quote ---
Steve, you are already in a conversation with me, gotta start somewhere! Lets expand it to what you do with piece of wood once you have indentified it.
Ron

--- End quote ---

i move on to the next piece of wood that needs identifying...

Ron, if you want to see what i do then check out this link.
https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/58060-all-my-woodwork-so-far/#comments

i tend not to talk about my work much.

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: seventhdevil on April 05, 2020, 05:52:56 PM ---just wondering if it is in fact a birch???

can you photo an area of quartersawn timber???  i need to see the rays if possible.

--- End quote ---

Sorry no, I had the one blank which was 10" x 4" roughed out with a chainsaw, needed to do a polish job on a bowl of that sort of size for an online course, the picture shows about the only real grain pattern going not helped by my cutting the rim at 40° to get more surface to colour.

It really isn't important, this piece is more about the wood dye than the wood, and because of the woodworm tracks it won't be going outside my house anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version