General Category > General Discussion

That's it I have had enough

(1/3) > >>

Wood spinner:
Ever time I turn something I then spend nearly the same amount ot time clearing up  ::)

Today I attempt to remedy this with a part recycling / part new project  :)

I now have this around 3 sides of my lathe , made from 2 recycled shower curtains that were due for renewing in the bathroom , Also had to buy one new one for the project , 2 Lengths of 15mm copper tubing 2 x 90 degree elbow and one T piece ,
Solder together the pipes , Cut 3 of 50mm x 50mm blocks , pre drill 16 mm holes with a forsner bit on the piller drill , drill 2 x pilot holes for the 2 fixing screws in each block for fixing on the wall behind the lathe , The try and hold it all together for fixing in place ,  ;D , Managed it with the help of a rake some timber some tape
A bit Blue Peter ish but I did the manage to drill and then screw up into the copper pie to stop it falling out , Lets hope the clean up is now contained inside the screens
Fingers crossed  :)
1E996CE8-920E-4D6F-AEFF-47817B7BCDF0 by , on Flickr
.9CB5520A-ABBB-4B6B-97BE-7236C6C22B56 by , on Flickr

Being lightweight and easily moved they can be opened and held out of the way quickly

bodrighywood:
Sorry, not keen on the colour there

Pete

Wood spinner:
Doh !  :D

Bill21:

--- Quote from: bodrighywood on May 17, 2020, 05:51:31 PM ---Sorry, not keen on the colour there

Pete

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Maybe it’s a colour match for the Lathe though?  ;D

Ollie:
My friend has done a similar thing in his workshop but using roller blinds - very effective!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version