General Category > General Discussion

Axminster CBN wheel

(1/4) > >>

Lazurus:
I have just ordered one of these for my Creusen sloww speed grinder - since pressing the button I have seen mixed reviews on the quality. Has anyone got experiance of the Axminster wheel please, concerned now that there may have been better options out there?

GBF:
I bought the 180 grit a few years ago it soon wore down quite a bit finer but I thought at 180 it was too course anyway.It is just right now and it has had a lot of use
I am pleased with mine

Regards George

Lazurus:
Thanks George, has put my mind at rest, yes it is the 180 winging its way to me.

GBF:
It will seem course for a while dont press the tool on it hard just let it rest on the wheel
One of the best things I bought

Regards George

michaelb:
I had a Crewson grinder and Axminster CBN wheel 120 and 180 grit ok for a couple of months then had trouble with noise from grinder, it was as it started up made quite a noise but then as speed grew came out, phoned Axminister  who told me they were no longer agents for Crewson and gave me the number of the new UK agent, unfortunately  was told the grinder is not built for Heavy CBN wheels suggest put back the original factory fitted, did this and noise stopped sold the grinder and wheels individually and bought a new grinder and BN wheels checking that it was covered for the weight of the CBN wheels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version