General Category > General Discussion

Looking for a search term

(1/2) > >>

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
My local woodturning group are thinking about updating their video projection equipment for demonstrations. I would be interested to hear from members of different clubs what systems they use, and what search terms I would use in Google to find them. I thought we were being a bit modern by projecting colour images but apparently the systems can sing and dance these days!!
So ideally looking for cameras,projectors or projectin equipment, it would be nice to have a control panel that will allow an operator to zoom in on an object (the lathe or work piece).We have been thinking, with the advent of all the zooming events that have been going on that we might explore booking an online demonstration so that we can see international turners and those from this country that live to far away to offer us a demo. We would also need to know what internet access we would need.
So not a lot then, any offers?

Bill21:
I can’t help but would be interested in what others think. I’m not sure what system my club uses but it’s not that good in my opinion. Part of the problem is the lighting at our venue. If we turn down the lights for a good image on the screen it’s too dark for the demonstrators. The other problem is the signal regularly drops out between the camera and projector. I’m guessing the camera we have isn’t designed to drive a projector full time? Any insights into this particular problem would be appreciated.

Bryan Milham:
I grabbed this from somewhere, no idea how many questions it will answer for you but is is a start.

Paul Hannaby:
I would look for digital projectors and go for one with HDMI and you may also need 15pin VGA for compatibility with older equipment but that depends what you are planning to plug in to the projector. Pretty much all projectors should have composite video as well, which you may need for some of the older non-HDMI video cameras.

For internet access, you would need a service that would deliver at least 3Mb/s so ADSL2, ADSL2+, VDSL or 4/5G if using a mobile broadband from a phone or mifi device.

We have five sets of the cameras we used at the last Seminar if you want to borrow some of those to try but those don't come with a projector.

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Thanks all. Early days yet.We have to get in touch with the hall committee to find out the internet access etc. before we commit to anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version