General Category > General Discussion

Versa chuck jaw carriers.

<< < (3/7) > >>

David Buskell:
Have you had a word with your local blacksmith or engineering shop??? Might be an easy job for them

Lazurus:
Hmmmm they seem a tad complicated for a small batch to be financially viable.

David Buskell:
What seems complicated to us isn't to a blacksmith or an engineer! In any case, if you don't ask, you don't know!

I see you're in North Norfolk, so try Buskell Engineering up in Happisburgh and ask for Phil Buskell. Call on 01692 650604.

fuzzyturns:

--- Quote from: BrianH on June 25, 2020, 09:24:16 AM ---But if its a choice between experimenting or throwing the chuck away (chucking a chuck?) I would move heaven and earth to find a way. Thinking outside the box will be called for, of course. For instance a cut off and filed screw or two will, almost certainly, follow the scroll with no precision engineering or circus skills required.
Brian

--- End quote ---

Yes, a screw will follow the scroll, but in order for the jaws to close to a near circular shape (required to get a good grip), you would have to place those screws with quite some precision. Not an easy job.

Lazurus:

--- Quote from: David Buskell on June 25, 2020, 10:40:26 AM ---What seems complicated to us isn't to a blacksmith or an engineer! In any case, if you don't ask, you don't know!

I see you're in North Norfolk, so try Buskell Engineering up in Happisburgh and ask for Phil Buskell. Call on 01692 650604.

--- End quote ---

Very close to me is he a relative?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version