General Category > General Discussion

(1/2) > >>

timber:
 have a PC and a laptop I am having trouble login in I am of course on this laptop but the PC will not allow me to login.  When I put my pass word in it adds another letter or sign .What is wrong????????????
Timber

Bryan Milham:
Okay, this one gets me interested.

First of all, have you tried logging in (on the laptop) in the house, does it add the extra character then?

Secondly, if it does not, do you let your laptop remember passwords, or do you chose to type it in every time?

Lastly, I have on occasion had a similar issue because of the way I store and use passwords, the extra character is a space after the last letter/number, have you tried something as simple as deleting the final character before hitting enter?

Paul Hannaby:
Storing passwords? What if "they" find them?  :o

timber:
Many thanks Dragonfly I have tried your suggestions but they did not work. It then tells me that my user name does not exist------------ then displays it.??????
PAUL
Are you trying to be a superior administrator or trying to make me feel inferior if so don't bother as I know I am
Richard

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Paul Hannaby on July 24, 2020, 12:20:23 AM ---Storing passwords? What if "they" find them?  :o

--- End quote ---

"They" already have them 75% of the posts on here are actually from "Them" to subvert society as we know it!  ;D

Richard, just to clear up typing error possibilities, open NotePad, type in your username and password so you can read it in notepad, then copy and paste them into here see if that works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version