General Category > General Discussion

Inktense

<< < (2/2)

Derek:

--- Quote from: bodrighywood on July 28, 2020, 11:23:43 AM ---Thank you. Hopefully get the chance to meet up next year. The three main woods I use for Mo are sycampore, maple and lime. Cherry is OK as a wood but can be coloured which for her type of work is not best.

Pete

--- End quote ---

These are the wood I will be using them on. I found out that Cherry can change the colours applied to it I once made a pot with a textured ring around the outside and coloured it with Blue spirit stain it came out Green ::)

David Buskell:
Derek,

Good advice from Pete & Mo.

Worth checking Carol Hall's site as the drawing of the bird was straight on wood as far as I recall.  In the 2019 handout, Carol says:
" Inktense pencils are water soluble  ink pencils. Once wet and dried, each layer is sealed and will not move. Multiple layers can be appplied over the top of each other. Because of this, I only use Inktense pencils".

She also mentions elsewhere the use of fixative- Aquanet hairspray (don't we all use this??) is the same as Artist Fixative.

There's also a mention of ChromaCraft  Clear Sealer so check her website to make sure you get the right info.

Or just call Derwent????

Derek:

--- Quote from: David Buskell on July 28, 2020, 01:35:36 PM ---Derek,

Good advice from Pete & Mo.

Worth checking Carol Hall's site as the drawing of the bird was straight on wood as far as I recall.  In the 2019 handout, Carol says:
" Inktense pencils are water soluble  ink pencils. Once wet and dried, each layer is sealed and will not move. Multiple layers can be appplied over the top of each other. Because of this, I only use Inktense pencils".

She also mentions elsewhere the use of fixative- Aquanet hairspray (don't we all use this??) is the same as Artist Fixative.

There's also a mention of ChromaCraft  Clear Sealer so check her website to make sure you get the right info.

Or just call Derwent????

--- End quote ---

I have had a quick look this afternoon some impressive work. As for hairspray I think the wife might wonder where hers is going if I start to use that ;D ;D ;D.

I have already found out about the colour fastness(if that is a word) of the ink once it has dried managed to watch a couple of U tubes on them. I did have to contact Derwent as I had two pencils the same and one colour missing they are going to send that out to me.

bodrighywood:
I leave all Mos work for 24 hours to play safe then put a coat of microcrystalline on and buff after about 1/2 hour. First time I was scared stiff it would react with the inks but never had a problem. People like to pick up and handle so you need something like that. Not sure how the various lacquers will react. I'd try on some scrap first just in case.

Pegte

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version