General Category > General Discussion

The Toolpost

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lazurus:
I hope someone has the forsight to take on the Versachuck otherwise mine will be obsolete.

John Plater:
Full explanation on their faceache site.
ATB John

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Lazurus on August 27, 2020, 08:07:58 AM ---I hope someone has the forsight to take on the Versachuck otherwise mine will be obsolete.

--- End quote ---

There have been "out of stock" type posts here, and on other turning sites about Versachuck quite frequently over the last few months, it would be wise to look at what you need  and see if it is available in the closing sale.

Bill21:
There are plenty of good chucks already on the market so I’m not sure it’s worth the risk particularly at this time. I’ve had a couple of different makes of chuck and handled several others and the Axminster range is hard to beat. The only reason I might buy another make is to use jaws that are unavailable for the Axminster.

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on August 28, 2020, 11:32:05 AM ---There are plenty of good chucks already on the market so I’m not sure it’s worth the risk particularly at this time. I’ve had a couple of different makes of chuck and handled several others and the Axminster range is hard to beat. The only reason I might buy another make is to use jaws that are unavailable for the Axminster.

--- End quote ---

Very true, but I was thinking for those who already own a Versachuck but have been thinking if they should buy different jaw sets etc. now is the time to decide, as they may never be available again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version