Author Topic: Info requested  (Read 1328 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Info requested
« on: December 05, 2020, 06:16:46 PM »
Does anyone know of a shop / gallery in Scarborough called 'A little Shop and Gallery?'

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Dave Brookes

• bronze
Re: Info requested
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 07:01:40 PM »
Pete,
It appears that there are two, but they may be the same outfit in different locations.
One is in St. Helen’s Square ( looks a bit like an arcade type place) and the other is at 48 Ramshill Road, both in Scarborough.

Dave
"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen shillings and six pence, result happiness."  (Wilkins Micawber)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:04:10 PM »
Pete,
It appears that there are two, but they may be the same outfit in different locations.
One is in St. Helen’s Square ( looks a bit like an arcade type place) and the other is at 48 Ramshill Road, both in Scarborough.

Dave
I think it is the one at Ramsgate Road. Just had a request but as there are so many vcons going around wondered if this was a genuine place.

Pete

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 04:59:25 AM »
Even if the shop exists, that doesn't mean the request is genuine. A friend of mine, who makes wooden toys, had a very genuine looking email supposedly from John Lewis Partnership, asking for details of his products. It was a confirmed by my son, who is a manager at JLP, to be a scam.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 09:44:18 AM »
True Les. Got another email saying they can't use PayPal and could I d a transaction ovder the phone. NOQ!.Either a con or anexptremely disorganise shop owner LOL.

Pete

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 10:11:16 AM »
Just out of interest Pete was is NOQ.

I can understand your concerns did they give an address and landline phone number of the company or just a name. This would also help towards varifying them

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 02:15:13 PM »
Not sure what NOQ is?  There was a link to a physical shop but beyond that no actual contact info hence my query. Not as bad as that nigerian prince who has several million pound to share with me LOL.  Just so airy fairy it makes me wonder.

Pete

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 06:54:14 PM »
Not sure what NOQ is?  There was a link to a physical shop but beyond that no actual contact info hence my query. Not as bad as that nigerian prince who has several million pound to share with me LOL.  Just so airy fairy it makes me wonder.

Pete

I am still waiting for the Million pond share out ;D ;D ;D