General Category > General Discussion

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wood spinner:
Hello ( ??????? ) , is your name a secret  :D

Welcome to the forum , Keep posting and please don't turn ( Like the pun ) into a one post wonder and gone  :o

Can you post some photos of your work , We all like photos  ;D

Have fun ??????

turningoakwood:
Apologies for the anonymity, but until I retire (later this year) I will be nameless. No offence meant to anyone. It is simply for personal security.

I tried to post some pictures of my turning, but can’t work out how to get them small enough. However, if you would like to see some, I have an Instagram page “turningoakwood” which I keep up to date.

If anyone can tell me how to reduce the size of photos/videos so as to be compatible with this forum, I will gladly give it another try.

I certainly don’t intend being a one post member and will be starting a post about my Logosol kiln in the near future.

Valkrider:
You can just use your first name but only if you want to.

As to resizing photos it depends if you are using a Mac or a PC. On a Mac iResize is good. Photoscape works on both Mac and PC and is more of an image editor but does include a resize function. Both are free. Photos in jpg format about 80% compression / quality and 800px to 1000px on the long edge should get you to a suitable size for here. There are other image resize apps these are just a couple I have used.

Wood spinner:
Re photo size I set my camera to 640 x 480 pixels , Ideal size for forum use , Then no need to re size , Hope this helps mystery man  :D

turningoakwood:
Thank you very much for the photo hints. I shall try one of the Apps on my iPad and see how that works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version