General Category > General Discussion

Numatic NVD 750

(1/3) > >>

jonas:
One of the twin motors on my Numatic NVD 750 dust extractor has stopped working.
No smell of burning & no blown fuses
Any advice on how to proceed would be most welcome.

Its just out of guarantee. I wonder if Axminster will give me an extension for Covid    ????

Thanks in advance

Jonas

Philip Green:
I have a record extractor that suddenly stopped working.

I diagnosed worn motor brushes, acquired new ones from Record, fitted them and all was well again.

Could yours be a brush issue? If so, suggest changing the brushes on both motors.

Bill21:
Surprised to see you can get spare Numatic motor brushes on Amazon for not much money. Hopefully that’s the problem.

jonas:
Thanks for the advise
I eventually got the thing apart and found (as suggested) one of the brushes was worn right down to the copper, but the other brush was hardly worn at all. Is it just a matter of fitting new brushes or is it likely that there is some other fault causing the one sided wear?

Unfortunately none of the brushes on Amazon are the correct type, but I think I have found some.

I see the price of a new Numatic from Axminster has gone up to £569. Thats nearly as much as I paid for my lathe.

Jonas

Bill21:
I don’t know about the one sided wear but I’ve managed to bring life back to old machines by simply fitting new brushes. Once you can identify the part number for the replacement brushes hopefully sourcing them shouldn’t be a problem. Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version