General Category > General Discussion

A new lathe

<< < (2/2)

burywoodturners:
Thanks for the replies, I spoke to my daughter earlier (she works for a tool retailer) and she tells me that this is general and affects all manufacurers and she has back orders far longer that back to December. as I noted earlier the shop where I go has sold most of the display models, including the Herald I had my eye on!

The new infection rates are nearly in freefall so hopefully we will see some improvements yet, I will however take Bills advice and not hold my breath
Ron

burywoodturners:
Thanks everyone, it arrived Friday, I am nearly ready to use it

burywoodturners:
OK it is all set up forthe first 'proper' job.
But what is the balck box for? no info in the book. no pictures, and why does it hang just where it is likely to get damaged?

Any body want the full instruction manual? you have the choice of it in French or German

burywoodturners:
I am loving the new lathe, I have turned one project so far, a base and top to convert a ceramic urn to a table lamp. The only snag is the adaptor for the 33*3mm spindle thread to 1"*8 for my old chucks.
It seems that every one now has direct threading, making many seviceable chucks simply redundant. I have the Record 33mm*3 to 1"*8 adaptor, but I get vibration when turning face plate work, bringing the tailstock up to support helps, but not for everything.  The Record chuck is direct threaded and for my 30 year old Axminster, now on its third thread adaptor, there are no more adaptors available, progress?
I doubt any one can help, just getting it off my chest!
Ron

Bill21:
I ordered a collet Chuck from China to make a new tool handle and I was staggered when it dropped through my letterbox a week later!

Sadly some stuff ordered on eBay from UK suppliers have been taking ten days to arrive?!  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version