General Category > General Discussion

wadkin RU lathe

<< < (4/7) > >>

bodrighywood:

--- Quote from: seventhdevil on February 06, 2021, 05:39:53 PM ---i believe Steve Jones just has an RS lathe not an RU.

i remembered about some pictures i had from the internet on some of the specs and it gives the weight of the 12", 15" and 18" models but i don't understand what CWTS are.

--- End quote ---
CWT means hundred weight. and is just under 51 kilos. It is 112 lbs old money.

Pete

seventhdevil:

--- Quote from: bodrighywood on February 06, 2021, 05:44:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: seventhdevil on February 06, 2021, 05:39:53 PM ---i believe Steve Jones just has an RS lathe not an RU.

i remembered about some pictures i had from the internet on some of the specs and it gives the weight of the 12", 15" and 18" models but i don't understand what CWTS are.

--- End quote ---
CWT means hundred weight. and is just under 51 kilos. It is 112 lbs old money.

Pete

--- End quote ---

great, just looked that up.

20 cwt in one ton according to wikipedia.

means that the 15" model is 1 1/2 tons in weight.

which model do you have Stocksy27???

stocksy27:
its the 15” model so yes about 1.5t the info i found was 6160lb about 2.8 ton either way its a beast, just modeling a spindle adaptor in cad, will 3d print it check all good then get it machined to take my chucks, also wondering any one ever got a revolving faceplate to go on the tail stock?

seventhdevil:
never heard of a faceplate going on a tailstock before.

should it not be mounted on the other side of the headstock for outboard turning?

Bill21:

--- Quote from: seventhdevil on February 07, 2021, 10:16:35 AM ---never heard of a faceplate going on a tailstock before.

should it not be mounted on the other side of the headstock for outboard turning?

--- End quote ---

How would you use a revolving faceplate on the headstock?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version