General Category > General Discussion

Scroll saws

<< < (3/5) > >>

Derek:
Like many of the tools and machines you buy today quite often they are from the same factory. I looked at scroll saws to replace my one but found that buying new you have what I call the cheap range then a big gap in price before the next ones.
I at present have a Rexon saw which is the same as the record ss16v it is OK but found that using pinless blades can be a pain in the rear.
But I agree that the second hand market is the best way to go for a decent machine and as you say I also found that they are no where near me and would involve traveling.

bodrighywood:
Was following a Hegner on fleabay looked amazing for £55 with one day to go....went for over £400 and over 100 miles away collection only. Axmister trade there at the moment that is local for £130 see how that goes.

Pete

Wood spinner:
Another vote for Hegner

bodrighywood:
I can start a crowdfunder and you can all donate LOL. Only need about a grand. Seriously I would love one too and agree the hegner would be best but as I won't be using it enough to justify that sort of money (even if I had it) I need to be a bit more realistic I am afraid.

Pete

Wood spinner:
Keep a eye out on Facebook marketplace as well , One on at the moment for £150

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version