General Category > General Discussion

Chuck Hubs - views please

<< < (2/6) > >>

bodrighywood:
I keep mine hanging on dowels on the wall. Easy to access, out of harms way and apart from dust to blow off no harm to the threads. Never see the need for spending money unnecessarily LOl.

Pete

seventhdevil:
My lathe is M33 3.5mm.

i bought a 1m length of threaded rod off ebay and cut it into 2 1/4" lengths and drilled two holes to hold them on the wall.

best thing i ever did to hold all my chucks and accessories.

Sandy:
If I had a chuck hub I think I'd probably use two hands to remove / replace the chuck due to it's weight and value.  These would frustrate me for both the time and the hassle factors.

I also wonder if anyone that uses chuck hubs has found they start to 'cross-thread' the chuck onto the hub when replacing it?

So, like some folks above I don't see the necessity of these gizmos and just have 1/2" 3/4" dowel pegs glued at a sight upward angle into a board on the wall.  That way I can grip my chucks one-handed and simply pull or push the chuck off/on - so less risk of me dropping and damaging my chucks.

That's my thinking anyway.  ;)

bodrighywood:
Every time I see some gizmo like this the skinflint in me asks two aquetions
1 Do I need / want this?
2 If yes can I make it

Pete

Sandy:
Pete,

Likewise, and being a 'prudent' Scot, with several gadgets/gizmos about that I think might be useful my first thoughts are also to think 'home-turned/made' using wood, nylon etc. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version