General Category > General Discussion

Steady rest help

(1/4) > >>

skelly369:
Hi I have a lathe with a round bed bar, are there steady rests available for this set up? Thanks

Philip Green:
My immediate response is that all lathes should have a banjo or another means of holding a tool rest. Not much good otherwise.

I think you will find the make & model will be useful and a photograph if possible. It will help members provide you with a more informed answer.

Bill21:
From memory there are several wood lathes out there that have a single round bed bar. From the early Myford ML8 to the later NuTool models. What lathe do you have?

skelly369:

--- Quote from: statsman on May 03, 2021, 11:41:56 AM ---My immediate response is that all lathes should have a banjo or another means of holding a tool rest. Not much good otherwise.

I think you will find the make & model will be useful and a photograph if possible. It will help members provide you with a more informed answer.

--- End quote ---

hi yes i have a tool rest attachment (banjo) is that what the steady rest attaches too?

skelly369:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on May 03, 2021, 12:06:47 PM ---From memory there are several wood lathes out there that have a single round bed bar. From the early Myford ML8 to the later NuTool models. What lathe do you have?

--- End quote ---

Hi, it is a draper wtl90

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version