General Category > General Discussion

Lathe mobility?

(1/3) > >>

turningal:
Hi there
Here’s a question for the turners that are venturing out into the community, has anyone used a mitre saw stand with wheels to transport their lathe and then use it as a stand once you get to the place where you want to demo?
Alternatively has anyone an ingenious method/solution for the above problem?

Philip Green:
A club I used to belong to had two of these to support lathes and they work well.

Wheels are not necessary as a quick release mechanism means that the stand and lathe can be separated for transportation.

turningal:
Thank for the reply ......... but part of the problem that I want to solve is combing the transportation and the stand together, in other words, is the stand capable of keeping the lathe attached whilst folded and then being pulled along like a trolley?

David Buskell:
Turningal,
There's exactly what you need already on the market. I think it was reviewed in the AAW Journal a while back. Pictures showed
lathe being rolled off the car boot and onto the ground. Not sure if it was used for demo though. The AAW Archive is not the best indexed so the article is not easy to find. I'd suggest an email to Kim Rhymer at the AAW offices might get you the info you  need.

turningal:
Hi David
Thanks for your reply, however to access the AAW journal archive, I have been invited to join the AAW, at a cost of $50 for digital membership!
This adds to the cost of the equipment, however much that turns out to be, and of course it may not be available in the UK anyway.
So thanks for trying, but I guess the search continues, although I can’t find the answer on the internet at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version