General Category > General Discussion

Anyone made their own carbide tool ?

<< < (2/2)

Wood spinner:
I must say your tools do look very good / Profession , How did you do this , I assume you have a metal working shop as well , How did you get the mat grey Finnish  , All very interesting

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Wood spinner on June 04, 2021, 11:17:29 AM ---I must say your tools do look very good / Profession , How did you do this , I assume you have a metal working shop as well , How did you get the mat grey Finnish  , All very interesting

--- End quote ---

As well as having a MW lathe and Milling machine I also have a sand blaster! A quick wash off after blasting then wipe down with microcrystalline wax gives a pretty good finish.

Another tip is don’t make a new handle for every tool, just in case you don’t like it. Make some collet handles you can use with anything. These are some of mine.

John D Smith:
Hi Bill.
         These tools you have made look very professional and I compliment your engineering knowledge.

Regards John

Bill21:
Thanks John. It’s not difficult when you have the right tools to make them. It’s not just about saving money, I really enjoy making my own stuff if I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version