General Category > General Discussion

Bowl Turning

<< < (3/6) > >>

Wood spinner:

--- Quote from: Mark Hancock on June 16, 2021, 10:53:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: BrianH on June 16, 2021, 10:02:40 AM ---Well Mark, that's a deceptively simple question but its certainly got me thinking. At first glance I would say I'm about as trad as Paul has already described, but then there are times, when the timber sprites aren't playing ball, when I will use anything.... up to and including the log burner. Does that help?
Brian

--- End quote ---
I kept it simple because what I read surprised me and I wondered if there was a technique I wasn't aware of. So the question is aimed at just bowl turning in it's simplest form rather than any unusual situations. So my answer would be:
Bowl Gouge
Shear Scraper
Mark

--- End quote ---

I know what the first 2 are ( Bowl Gouge / Scraper ) But I have never heard of a Mark tool

Google is my friend I will have a look and see what I can find

;D

Mark Hancock:

--- Quote from: Wood spinner on June 16, 2021, 03:23:55 PM ---
I know what the first 2 are ( Bowl Gouge / Scraper ) But I have never heard of a Mark tool

Google is my friend I will have a look and see what I can find

;D

--- End quote ---
Take a class with me and I'll show you  ;D

Derek:
Bowl gouges of various sizes and grinds are my main go to tools with the occasional use of a scraper.

Mark Hancock:

--- Quote from: Derek on June 17, 2021, 12:08:31 PM ---Bowl gouges of various sizes and grinds are my main go to tools with the occasional use of a scraper.

--- End quote ---
Exactly the tools I would expect to be used.

It's interesting that no-one has mentioned the tool that caused me to ask the question.

Bill21:
Were you thinking of this?

https://youtu.be/hKdqiAc0jx4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version