General Category > General Discussion

Testing Testing 1 2 3

<< < (3/3)

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
As Paul mentioned this particular cutter is not able to be guarded effectively and it also seems that there is a risk to life if the chain comes off, an angle grinder does not have a braking system on it and so is not deemed to be suitable for this type of cutter.Or not fit for purpose.
Brian I understand where you are coming from but years ago, before I was married , I worked for a company that had a poor reputation for health and safety, but they paid well. In those days I was saving up to get married and was not concerned with how safe other employees were because I was convinced that I was working as safely as I could.
One of the employees was using a hand held belt sander, anyone can buy them in B&Q but as he finished sanding he dropped the hand holding the sander down to his side and the belt caught up with his jeans, he promtly collapsed on the floor. We all rushed over and started cutting his jeans away,we had to use stanley knives as nothing else would touch it, it was like cutting iron. We eventually freed him but his leg was black from toes to thigh and he was rushed to A&E. He didn't lose his leg but did lose some use of it. So yes I am happy in principal with the darwinian theory but I would rather not see accidents happen in the first place and in my book anything that prevents them is a good thing ( after many years spent in the wood working industry I can say I have seen more than my fair share of accidents)

Mike313:
I've just speed-read through this thread but I think it might be useful for people to watch this video _

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7xWHEWov8M

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version