General Category > General Discussion

SAFETY WARNING FROM RECORD

<< < (3/3)

seventhdevil:
my Jet 3520B was made in china and is still going after 11-12 years.

the main NVR switch needs replacing as it seems to have worn out (took a decade) but i just use the panic button to turn it on and off.

Bill21:
One of the pieces of modern technology that has never impressed me are membrane switches and I’ve noticed that a couple of lathes are now manufactured with these. The simple stop/start, reverse switches and speed control on my lathe would be easy to replace with cheap off the shelf parts should any of them fail. Not so with a membrane switch panel.

Wooddust:

--- Quote from: Wood spinner on August 04, 2021, 06:09:57 AM ---Oh dear , My opinion as allways is  " Designed by accountants and built on a budget "

I would not own a far east lathe ,

--- End quote ---

I would suggest that a lot of us on this forum do own "far eastern" lathes (although not all may be aware that they are) Are they all going to fail?

Wood spinner:
Sorry , I can't see where I said they were all going to fail ?

Just my opinion and I will stick by it  ;)

michaelb:
While this post was about Record we have ended up posting about China and the far east I would say 99.99% of us are using a device made in China, or the far east why can't a lathe be made in  that part of the world without knocking it . We are seeing products "designed in the uk made in China" It up to the designers etc to ensure specifications are met .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version