General Category > General Discussion

SAFETY WARNING FROM RECORD

<< < (2/3) > >>

Duncan A:
Good on Record Power for jumping on it so hard and explaining the immediate measures they're taking.
This would be expected of any reputable company but it's unfortunately not always true, and communication is not always good.
Duncan

Wood spinner:
Oh dear , My opinion as allways is  " Designed by accountants and built on a budget "

I would not own a far east lathe ,

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Wood spinner on August 04, 2021, 06:09:57 AM ---Oh dear , My opinion as allways is  " Designed by accountants and built on a budget "

I would not own a far east lathe ,

--- End quote ---

If it is < 15 years old you probably do! even older lathes the repair components are sourced from cheapest option, welcome to globalisation  :(

A friend has taken his apart and indeed the weld was abysmal and starting to crack, with permission from Record Power he has had it properly welded so can now use his lathe again.  (nobody should do this without clearance from Record Power)

Bill21:
I bought a Taiwanese built Axminster AT1416VS some years ago and I’ve had no trouble with it. It seems there are loads of them about and are popular with demonstrators. I’ve seen them in four different colours depending on the vendor.  ;)

John Peachey:
Certainly don't think that all stuff made in the East is rubbish. I also have an Axminster (AT1628VS) and it is incredibly well made, and been going without problems for 5/6 years now.

I do look at some of the other brands and wonder though, although Record I have always thought looked reasonable. I suppose it is quite easy for a duff batch of components to slip through, when making large numbers of machines. Good on Power though for getting on top of it quickly.
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version