General Category > General Discussion

Is there a chainsaw safety course?

<< < (3/3)

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Dancie on August 16, 2021, 02:14:14 PM ---
There is a very big difference between professional chainsaw training and what they call domestic user.

--- End quote ---

The difference is when the training moves onto tree management and climbing. The chainsaw safety course is appropriate to anyone professional or otherwise.

Dancie:

Hello all,

Just incase anyone is interested in a domestic chainsaw course I have found the following,

The problem with many of the courses I came accross was that you had to supply all your own gear and equipment, this one supplies everything,

https://www.scottfrasertraining.co.uk/courses/domestic-chainsaw-user-maintenance-and-beyond

David Buskell:
Hi Dancie,

I can recommend Kingswood Training in the Kent Weald. Their newbie course is excellent but stay overnight, rather than drive up each day if you use them.

A nearer location to you  is Merrist Wood College in Guildford. Excellent college and some of our club (Cheam Woodturners) have had chainsaw training from there.

David

otterbank:
I did a LANTRA approved course quite a few years ago. It was Cross-cutting and maintenance, a very good course. Don’t know if there is still such a course though.
Michael

Dancie:
Hello David and Michael,

Many thanks for your imput here,

I've booked a course with Scott Fraser, the one I posted the link to,

I posted the link just in case anyone else was interested,

It took me awhile to find the right course and there are many, some didnt start until after the spring - Premier Inn nearby is only £38 for one night,

All the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version