General Category > For Sale / Wanted

WANTED: Large capacity lathe.

(1/3) > >>

PhilipW:
Hello all,

I am looking for a meaty lathe for use in my sculpture workshop (www.philipjameswalker.com).

It will need to turn pieces 450 mm diameter minimum and 700 mm between centers. I appreciate there are only a few lathes with this capacity and I may have to start with something smaller until I can afford to buy new if I cannot find one second hand, but thought it worth asking here.

Thanks, Philip.

Dancie:
Hello Philip - sorry I cant help with your enquiry - but I just wanted to say how much I like your work  :)

bodrighywood:
The dimensions that you are quoting are well within the limits of many lathes, unless you mean cms? 2nd hand look for perhaps a graduate, or one of the lathes with a swivel head. My lathe, a maxi1 can turn a lot bigger than you are requiring for example with it's head swivelled (i've turned 900mm diameter) and 950 mm between centres. Others are comparable so you should be able to find what you want.

Pete

Mike313:
If I am interpreting what you say correctly, you want a lathe that can turn, between centres, a piece of wood that is 700mm long and 450 in diameter?

Bill21:
I suspect you may be far better off buying an old English made machine. Something like a Wadkin RU if you can find one.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/wadkin/

I seem to remember that someone on here bought one a while back?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version