Author Topic: Sharing Hints and Tips  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Sharing Hints and Tips
« on: July 11, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
I posted a thread about how I remake bits of my wax sticks into usable pieces.

It got 180+ readings and 11 (at last count) responses. These included several different ways other people do this. I'm quite sure the 170+ readers gained something from all the ideas.

So...

We all do things, make things, adapt things - show them off, we'll all benefit from it and bounce ideas off each other possibly even improve on them.

Come on, post some of your ideas, share best practice with the rest of us.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Sharing Hints and Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »

Bryan, I too had picked up on the number who read only ..  may this count is down to Guests, Search Engines, Bots and the like !!!!!  Just an idea, as, as many Guests can be on as are members most times.

David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:50:49 PM »
David, I've seen how many guests read our forum (would be nice if a few joined - hint, hint ;))

I did not realise that web bots crawling through counted as a reading, I've learnt something.

Not withstanding that - there must be plenty of ideas among our members, I've got several more I'll post in time.

How about you sharing something, you must have a trick or two (without giving away your trade secrets) you can share!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:06:40 PM »

Hi Bryan, sure I can, then it's likely to be what everyone has heard or know already, nothing new, I will say always read an understand how any of your workshop machinery works before you use it, and remember satety glass ..

Measure twice cut once and on the waste side of the line, never mix measurements .. Metric / Imperial .. you know where you are if it's your plans or from a book, but if you work from someone else's plan/drawings you need to know as to what they are in and where the measurements relate to ...  with matting for framing, I'll have before now jotted 11/16 - 13/16 or 15/16 ...  only to re-read them later and wonder at 1:1/16 - 1:3/16 ... you know ...   ;D ..

Cheers        David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''