General Category > General Discussion

Have you seen this ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Twisted Trees:
Stumpy is a woodworker I respect the skill level and opinion of he nearly lost his fingers to one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7xWHEWov8M (not too graphic)

Paul Hannaby:
I noticed in recent months, there seemed to be quite a few video adverts for these on social media showing people using these with no guards, no side handle on the angle grinder etc. so it's probably a good thing there has been a clamp down on these.

It makes you think how many of the other rotary cutters for such tools are also potentially dangerous - they probably all are in the wrong hands...

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Paul Hannaby on December 31, 2021, 02:53:38 AM ---

It makes you think how many of the other rotary cutters for such tools are also potentially dangerous - they probably all are in the wrong hands...

--- End quote ---

Yes it’s not just the King Arthur’s Tools that look dangerous to me but also some of the Arbortech ones as well.

bodrighywood:
Basically tnhey are all some form of angle grinder and they are  not onr of the safest tools at the best of times.Always amazes me how ypou vcan't buy guns or knives easily (I don't disagree with this) but can happily buy tools that are as if not more dangerous in the right hands.

Pete

BrianH:
This sounds like a slippery slope towards banning hammers, saws, knives and hair bands in case someone misuses them and hurts themselves. Educating must surely be better than Nanny sitting as judge and jury on what people can and can't use when it is only theirselves that are in perceived danger.
Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version