General Category > General Discussion

Nova DVR 3000 fault

<< < (2/4) > >>

Walnut Les:
I was told that the nova lathe suffers from a build up of dust on an eternal sensor and blowing it out with air will sort the lathe out. But in most cases it turns out to require a new circuit board and they are not cheap. Hope that a few blasts of air sorts your one out. Les.

cpw01:
Hi Woodworm

I had a similar problem with my Nova DVR about 18 months ago. In my case it only managed a couple of revolutions before stopping with ‘Run time error’ or ‘RPS 0’ errors. If you have not already tried it you can take the Optical detector board out and clean it but that had no effect in my case.
After much discussion with Turners Retreat/Craft Supplies, who seem to be the main agents, it was decided that a replacement Main circuit board and control panel was needed. Cost just shy of £500 and did solve the problem. It does however brings it up to the latest Saturn spec with an extra 5 presets and other features.
If you want any more info please come back to me.

Colin

Woodworm:
Thanks Colin, unfortunately I don't get any errors at all, just a total sudden shut down. This week I intend to remove the boards & check the tightness of the connections on the 6 pin Molex connector. I'm sorry to have to say it, but I found Teknatool of no help whatsoever, they just referred me to Turners Retreat. I'll keep you posted on any progress I make.
Merv

Valkrider:

--- Quote from: Woodworm on April 18, 2022, 05:57:44 PM --- I'm sorry to have to say it, but I found Teknatool of no help whatsoever,

--- End quote ---

That is exactly my experience of them, they don't read the question that you ask properly then give you the answer that you have already told them you have tried. Useless support which is a shame as I like the lathe.

Wood spinner:
I had no end of problems with my DVR ended up scraping it , A lot less stress , Never again !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version