General Category > General Discussion

One for the chuck guru’s

<< < (2/5) > >>

Lazurus:
The two versa chucks I already use are very precise I just can’t understand why their carriers do not fit the versa Chuck three - curious

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Lazurus on April 16, 2022, 04:10:27 PM ---The two versa chucks I already use are very precise I just can’t understand why their carriers do not fit the versa Chuck three - curious

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. Perhaps just a different manufacturer? It only takes a slight difference in jaw dimensions or even the scroll for them not to fit. There’s never been a standard for these things that I’m aware of.

Bill21:
This makes you wonder why some (woodturning) chucks are so expensive. 100mm four jaw self Centering scroll chuck £67.15 inc vat.

https://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Chucks/Lathe-Chucks/4-Jaw-Self-Centring-Cast-Iron-Lathe-Chucks-Chinese-Origin

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on April 18, 2022, 11:07:36 AM ---This makes you wonder why some (woodturning) chucks are so expensive. 100mm four jaw self Centering scroll chuck £67.15 inc vat.

https://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Chucks/Lathe-Chucks/4-Jaw-Self-Centring-Cast-Iron-Lathe-Chucks-Chinese-Origin

--- End quote ---

Don't think those come with a back plate to fit the spindle, by the time you include that cost they are not particularly cheap compared to Record Power / Nova etc. with a much restricted jaw availability.

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on April 18, 2022, 11:20:37 AM ---Don't think those come with a back plate to fit the spindle, by the time you include that cost they are not particularly cheap compared to Record Power / Nova etc. with a much restricted jaw availability.

--- End quote ---

You seem to have misunderstood. It was the principle, I wasn’t suggesting using one on a wood turning lathe. They don’t come with a backplate as they don’t need one. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version