General Category > General Discussion

Help with wiring on Record dml

(1/2) > >>

eeng21:
Hi Folks,
Recently helped a friend to change the capacitor supplied by Record Power on the record dml 305. All went well until it was tested - it ran in reverse ! Spoke to Record Power who said that there is not a polarity issue on the capacitor.
Any ideas? Could that be the result of wiring the capacitor into the negative rather than the positive side? Record suggested a new motor, but a bit reluctant to do the when it runs fine, just in the wrong direction
Thanks, Bruce

Paul Hannaby:
It sounds like a wiring issue rather than a faulty motor. Do you have photo or diagram of the before and after wiring?

Tim Pettigrew:
It's got to be a simple issue like a crossed wire.  If the motor is running OK then it would be a very expensive and needless to replace it with one that just replicated the fault in the wiring.  I have the VS version of the DML305 (since 2009) and had to check the wiring once when I had switch problems.   It was not complicated but easy enough to reconnect to the wrong terminals and cause the problem you are experiencing.

Tim

monty:
the capacitor is there to start the motor rotating by delaying the build up of voltage in the windings. dirrection of rotation is change d by changing over the input connections .
look on internet at single phase capacitor start motor, and how to reverse capaciter start motor.

Bill21:
These days I always take a picture of any wiring before I replace things like capacitors just in case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version