Author Topic: AWGB Videos  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Richard Findley

• bronze
    • The Turner's Workshop
AWGB Videos
« on: June 17, 2022, 04:03:06 PM »
Hi all,

You may already be aware of these, but the AWGB commissioned a series of videos last year, demonstrating the use of several core tools, they are available on the AWGB site here: https://www.awgb.co.uk/awgb-learning-links/. You won't find them searching YouTube as they are set to 'unlisted' for some reason. You can also find them on the home page under 'Read' and then under 'AWGB Educational videos'.

My video is using a beading and parting tool (but what I describe applies to skews as well) and throughout the video, I am using my Signature tool, which is a more refined version of the standard off-the-shelf job (available on my website should you feel the need for a new shiny tool!), but I wasn't allowed to mention it in the video, so I thought I would here  ;)

I hope you enjoy/find the videos useful

Richard
See more of my work at www.turnersworkshop.co.uk
Follow on Instagram: https://instagram.com/richard_findley

Offline Duncan A

• bronze
Re: AWGB Videos
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 10:00:23 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Richard. Some interesting stuff there, and some illustrious turners alongside your good self.
Duncan

Offline Tim Pettigrew

• bronze
    • Converting a garage to a woodturning workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »
Very many thanks for the heads up on these Richard.  Some very useful tips  I particularly liked the setting jigs you made for aligning the grinding platform for use on a grinder fitted with a CBN wheel.  This uses the same principles as the jigs marketed by Ron Brown (See Ron Brown's Best) but making your own from some plywood scraps is both cheaper and more versatile

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 07:39:55 AM »
I particularly liked the setting jigs you made for aligning the grinding platform for use on a grinder fitted with a CBN wheel.  This uses the same principles as the jigs marketed by Ron Brown (See Ron Brown's Best) but making your own from some plywood scraps is both cheaper and more versatile

If you know someone with a 3D printer there are lots of jigs like this available as free download files on Thingiverse
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 07:41:39 AM by Valkrider »

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 10:33:46 AM »
I particularly liked the setting jigs you made for aligning the grinding platform for use on a grinder fitted with a CBN wheel.  This uses the same principles as the jigs marketed by Ron Brown (See Ron Brown's Best) but making your own from some plywood scraps is both cheaper and more versatile[/size]

Which video was this in?

Offline Gregmcateer

• iron
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 11:33:14 AM »
 Richard shows the jig setup in his video he mentions starts at about 3:24 mins, or go to his website or Instagram and its there
HTH
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 11:35:49 AM by Gregmcateer »

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 10:11:37 PM »
For information, if you downloaded the original 'Lets Teach Turning' it will not run any more. I was made available using a withdrawn program called Shockwave Flash.
I has been reworked to run on computers using a more modern (and safer) program, please download it again.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!