Author Topic: Workshop  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Kiwibloke

• iron
Workshop
« on: June 21, 2022, 04:53:28 PM »
Finally it is about to happen, slab has been poured and the workshop arrives on Thursday, pipe in the middle of the floor is for power to a table saw and possible dust extraction in the future.

OK you'll just have to take my word on this as I can't attach a photo.
I'll search for a post for how too, there must be one somewhere.

Offline John Peachey

• bronze
Re: Workshop
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 05:12:31 PM »
If you go the gallery section of the forum, the first item is a tutorial on posting pictures.

John

Offline Kiwibloke

• iron
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 06:07:58 PM »
Thanks John.

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 06:48:27 AM »
Exciting times for you. What size is it?
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Kiwibloke

• iron
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 07:27:54 AM »
Very excited, it's 5m x 6m so 30 square meters and ill have another small shed next to it for wood storage, can't wait.

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 08:37:20 AM »
Looks a good size, as with all workshops no matter what the actual size it will of course be 1/3rd what you need  ;D
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 08:44:22 AM »
I have just replaced my old workshop and yes it certainly makes a difference. Enjoy the new workshop.

Looks a good size, as with all workshops no matter what the actual size it will of course be 1/3rd what you need  ;D

and yes as I just said having a new workshop under a year ago I have already found I am running out of space already must stop buying new toys ;D

Offline Sandy

• bronze
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 10:19:55 AM »

Nice one Kiwibloke.
We moved house a year ago and I now have a 5m x 5m workshop with an additional small wood store behind.  Twice the size I had before.  First job before moving kit in I spent some money and time in insulating the concrete floor and walls.  Found this well worth it as it's a nice ambient temperature in the winter and warmer months too.  Seems good through this higher temperature month as well so very pleased.

Hope you enjoy your new one as much as I do mine.

And, yes Twisted Trees,
I need to find time to have a very big sort out and a smaller clear out  :) :) :)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 10:03:04 PM »
I would be inclined to just use the duct for cabling. Underfloor extraction is fine until it gets blocked.

Offline Kiwibloke

• iron
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 08:35:04 AM »
This is the latest, still a bit of rubbish to go in the next skip, but looking pretty good.

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 10:52:26 AM »
Looking good, now you have the fun of deciding the layout, tool racks storage etc.
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 11:56:13 AM »
Looking good, now you have the fun of deciding the layout, tool racks storage etc.

You will need to treat the external timber 2 or 3 times a year , Hopeing to stop the rot as sun rain ice snow all have consequences

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 07:50:02 PM »
You will need to treat the external timber 2 or 3 times a year , Hopeing to stop the rot as sun rain ice snow all have consequences

I’m not sure what you’re using but the south facing side of my shed that gets most of the weather gets painted once every 18 months or so. The rest of it hasn’t seen a paintbrush for several years.

https://www.sadolin.co.uk/products/sadolin-superdec-satin-opaque-wood-protection/

Offline Kiwibloke

• iron
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2022, 09:03:46 PM »
yeah looking forward to setting it all out, electrics aren't in yet so that will be next, but painting starts tomorrow, thanks for all the suggestions.

Offline jay

• copper
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 10:09:10 PM »
    You may have figured this out  but I put all my electric cabling in trunking  which makes it easy to change ones layout or add sockets .lighting etc . I have found that to be very successful