General Category > General Discussion

Wading Birds

(1/2) > >>

John D Smith:

This is not really a new Topic: on April 14th 2011 I posted a photograph of a piece I made from a Project in the Magazine "The  Woodturner" which was in Vol 1 issue 3 September 1997 Project was called "Wading  Birds" I wish to make another one but I have not been able to find the copy of the Magazine which had the plans in This is a long shot is there anyone who can help me with this.
                 Kindest Regards and a HAPPY NEW YEAR John Smith

Twisted Trees:
Happy New Year John, Sorry I can't help with the magazine, but looking at the picture I think it is a fairly simple turn if you have the original to measure all the better but even without it you could probably guess the sizes and remake sections if the proportions don't look right when assembled.

John D Smith:

Thank you TT I think the magazine is still published in conjunction with another woodworking magazine if I can find out who the publishers are I will try them.
                                          Regards John

BrianH:
The Woodturner mag is long defunct. I know because it went to the wall owing me a little wonga. The title will probably still be valid ....often incorporated into another but the new owners are unlikely to be interested in its previous incarnation(s).
I would also suggest there is enough info within your pic to make a prototype before then using the experience gained to make the finished article. Are you up for a new challenge for a new year?
All the best with it
Brian

cpw01:
Hi John
I have a copy of the Sept 1997 Woodturner with the article.
I will try and scan it for you.
Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version