General Category > General Discussion

Band sawing Green native hard wood for bowl blanks

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bill21:
Yes, do let us know how you get on. It may help others seeing this thread.

David1942:
Further to my earlier entries, I had tried to change speed yesterday but the tension release handle was solid.  I have now discovered that the friend who had 'looked after' my saw, while I was not using it, had changed the belt just before I reclaimed it and has put the wrong belt on it.  His first attempt was slipping - too slack and this one is too tight, with maximum slack on the tension pulley.
I am trying to get the correct belts identification # from Australia and Axminster; neither look like it will be quick.  I wonder if anyone has the same generic machine, the model is BS 345 it was badged by quite  lot of companies and popular.  I can share pics if anyone thinks they might have it.

Roger Groom:
Try going to Bearing Supplies or Google belt suppliers in your area. Take your belt with you and the chances are they will have one the same and a lot cheaper.
Roger G

David1942:
Thanks Roger; I now have one on order.  Am very grateful for the good advice freely given by respondents

David1942:
Further to my earlier entries, the bandsaw is rocking n rolling nicely, doing all and more than I anticipated since I got the correct belt.
I have another question, can anyone help.

My blades are covered in white residue as are the tyres on both wheels.  Can anyone advise what to use to clean please?  Thank you in anticipation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version