General Category > General Discussion

Candle Cups

<< < (4/5) > >>

Bill21:
Before you go any further John I’d ask for an unused candle so you’re absolutely sure of the size. Church candles appear to come in imperial sizes. The nearest being 1 1/2” (38.1mm).

Edit:

These folks sell Church candle sockets but they aren’t cheap.

https://charlesfarris.co.uk/catalog/brass-candle-sockets

John Peachey:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for that. Apparently larger candles sit in sockets rather cups. Who knew!
I have found some from a company called Holyart, at about £12 a pop. Just waiting to hear if the budget goes that far.

From this I have learnt that no good deed goes off with out a hitch  ;)

Thanks for all your help. 1 1/2 inc church candles don't seem as popular as other sizes.
Hopefully my search is at an end, fingers crossed.
John

Bill21:

--- Quote from: John Peachey on March 14, 2023, 08:41:29 PM ---Hi Bill,

Thanks for that. Apparently larger candles sit in sockets rather cups. Who knew!
I have found some from a company called Holyart, at about £12 a pop. Just waiting to hear if the budget goes that far.

From this I have learnt that no good deed goes off with out a hitch  ;)

Thanks for all your help. 1 1/2 inc church candles don't seem as popular as other sizes.
Hopefully my search is at an end, fingers crossed.

John

--- End quote ---

The company I linked to call them sockets whilst others call them cups.  ;)

I had a look at Holyart and they only seem to sell metric holders.

malcy:
You could make them from Pewter by spinning a disc on to a former made from hard maple or similar.. look on YouTube for metal spinning.

Woodcrafts:
Hi John, Could you use plumbing stop ends? These are used to cap pipes. However the nearest size is 35mm which is close to your earlier post of about a stub being 37mm. so you may be able to get a good fit by waming the base of the candle and forcing it in. That would also make it good and secure if they want to 'wander about'.
This is a link to a plumbing supplier I occasionally use.
https://www.bes.co.uk/35-mm-stop-end-end-feed-9354/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version