General Category > General Discussion

AWGB Poor Forum support

(1/6) > >>

Bill21:
This has to be one of the most poorly supported wood turning forums I’ve seen on the Internet.
Is there a reason for this I’m not aware of?

julcle:
This is not the only one Bill21, everyone seems to be following FaceBook Groups these days (although these are considered outdated now by our younger members) Wood turning is just one of my hobbies and passtimes but the forums for my other groups have all gone the same way. I don't think it's a reflection on the hobby activity but more about how we communicate with today's technology. I belong to a few woodturning zoom groups and several YouTube Live stream groups (non woodturning) which are really interesting.  --  Julian

burywoodturners:
Exactly, so many other forums have now closed, we must seem like dinasaurs to the young peoplenow.

Bill21:
I’m on a couple of FaceBook woodturning groups and sadly the content is quite bad. Lots of newbies that shouldn’t, judging by the questions, be anywhere near rotating objects. And even some seemingly experienced woodturners spreading misinformation. I’ve had to block a couple of folks so far.

Still, I guess I have my answer. Thanks for that.  ;)

Edit: I’ve just noticed on posting this that there have been 30 views of my original post. Maybe some folks are just shy?!

Edit 2: Social media is also old hat now. WhatsApp seems to be the thing … 😂

Valkrider:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on April 30, 2023, 03:36:58 PM ---I’m on a couple of FaceBook woodturning groups and sadly the content is quite bad. Lots of newbies that shouldn’t, judging by the questions, be anywhere near rotating objects. And even some seemingly experienced woodturners spreading misinformation. I’ve had to block a couple of folks so far.

Still, I guess I have my answer. Thanks for that.  ;)

Edit: I’ve just noticed on posting this that there have been 30 views of my original post. Maybe some folks are just shy?!

Edit 2: Social media is also old hat now. WhatsApp seems to be the thing … 😂

--- End quote ---

Bill, I agree with all that you have said. Up to 39 views now and maybe the others have nothing to contribute. Forums for my other couple of hobbies are going exactly the same way and Facebook seems to have taken over and also needs far less admin effort for the moderators.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version