General Category > General Discussion

Gloves

<< < (3/3)

Dave Wraight:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on January 22, 2024, 01:22:55 PM ---Side issue strange thought... Arthritis is often mentioned as an issue, as I don't suffer from it I am not the person to solve the problem... But I was wondering what the problem is that gloves solve, is it the cold of the metal? in which case warm it up! or the size of the bar? which is where my head started wandering about a bit! could you turn a sliding handle, i.e. a tube that fits over the tool increasing the size to add your downward pressure to which would also insulate you from the cold of the metal?

--- End quote ---

I watched the video with interest Pete. I like the idea - certainly would make the metal shaft of the gouge bigger. I will certainly give this a go when I get back in the workshop. My initial problem was not wanting to stop turning because of a blood disorder and potential bleed. That has now gone but I found the fingerless gloves a solution to my arthritis. Strangely it was the right glove stitching  which broke which is when I changed gloves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version