Poll

Would you attend the Spalding show in 2013

Yes
No
Dont Know
Too far away

Author Topic: Spalding Show 2013  (Read 4918 times)

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
Spalding Show 2013
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
HI Kathleen Carroll has just put the following on her facebook page HERE

New Gmail address: woodworkershow@gmail.com

Please use this address to email me from now on and get in touch.

HI, as you know the show did not go ahead this year due to the fact we could not sell all the stand space.
Which was very disappointing, as there where a number of stand which where sold,

We and Springfield Event Centre had lots of call about the show form the public.

Springfield Event Centre has contact us about about doing a joint venture next year.

Keeping the show in June next year, and we are changing it to a two day show 14th and 15th they have given us two week to get feedback form all to see if it is possible to put the show on.

If the show goes a head there will be a few changes, we will charge entrance fee of £2.00 a head, children free, and stand will be charged electric of £15.00,
We are looking to see if we are able to look at lowering the stand price, this will all depend on discussion with Springfield Event Centre, because of the cost of hiring the hall.

There are willing to give us full back up, putting up road side signs, white boards near shopping centre and advertizing and much more.

Please let me know if you if you think you would like to come to next years show, with in two weeks, so we can give feedback to Springfield ASAP.
If you would like any more information please contact me.

Many Thanks

If you have any comments etc please let her know either by posting on this thread or on her facebook page or by email.

john

woody

Re: Spalding Show 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »
 I have been to every one of these woodworking shows as I used to live just down the road from Spalding and I must say they were always worth the visit with many stands for woodturners and it would be sad to see this event stop last year I had woodturning friends come from all over to attend the show and it was missed by them all  this year

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:30:16 PM »
Hello John I hope you are successful in your endeavours to get the Show at Spalding up and running again I have been to every one of the Shows and I did enjoy and would attend in the future.Good Luck. Regards John
John Smith

Dave Wilcox

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
Hi John
Count me in, like most so far been to all of them. Perhaps a yes/no poll of all forum users would give you a better idea of interest.

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
Hi John
Count me in, like most so far been to all of them. Perhaps a yes/no poll of all forum users would give you a better idea of interest.

Good idea never tried one on here before will have a go.

john

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »

'9'   I am one who is unable to make it to there..    :'(  ...
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

BrianGibbs

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »
Yes please , much missed this year . I could count a dozen from West Mids. , Nth. Warwicks, Coombe Abbey who have paid a visit in previous years . I hope this helps .

Brian Gibbs .

ps, great venue for the scooter!!.