General Category > General Discussion

how do we take wood turning i to the future

<< < (7/8) > >>

Roger Groom:
HI lionel
I think this is a great idea, very similar to what Woodturning magazine does with the GMC Forum. However, and not wanting to put my foot in it yet again, I think we first need to employ a proof reader!!!
Roger G

Lionel Pringle:
Don't you worry about that Roger, I already have one of the best working totally without thanks or accreditation on the staff of Revolutions. She does it for love!

Andy Coates:
then she gets more than the rest of us!

John D Smith:
Hello Lionel,Thanks for picking up on this Idea that I posted. I certainly wouldn't have any objection to anything I have posted on the Forum published in "Revolutions" I wouldn't think any one would after all it is published here.Regards John

Peter Einig:
How about asking clubs to support a local event with a hands on opportunity to turn? Materials/signage provided by the Assoc. Clubs just organise the day and provide a lathe and tools. This would build on the twitter/facebook/you tube threads and scout hands on, but also makes turning available to others. A commitment over the next three years would be a way of assessing how succesful the stratergy was. Makes use of 'grants for special events' idea P4 Revs. Full discussion document forwarded to Reg and Lionel.

They are out there but we must try everything to find new turners.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version