General Category > General Discussion

Gallery photos

<< < (3/5) > >>

John D Smith:
This is where I show what little I know!! What does 300DPI mean? when I upload any photographs to the forum Gallery I reduce these to
640X480 pixels is that not acceptable to print in Revolutions? Advice gladly accepted.Regards John :-[

Martin Lawrence:
Hi John,

The programme you use to reduce the pic usualy has the DPI below the measurement size, usually the pic is 300 DPI to start and reduced down to 72 DPI for computer screens. 300 DPI is required for quality in printing.

Thats why my last pic was to small, I reduced the measurement and the DPI.

Cheers Martin

malcy:
I agree, good idea. I think the high resolution pidtures for printing could be transmitted via some sort of dropbox. Perhaps this could be set up through a link for submissions.

Lionel Pringle:
As a general rule of thumb, (unless you are a keen photographer and have adjusted the settings on your camera), for the man in the street the photograph usually comes off somewhere in the region of 3264 x 2448 at 72dpi. This is large enough for me to be able to manipulate it to the requirements for quality printing.  I'll be in touch directly with those of you whose photos I want to use to ensure that I have what I need. Thanks to all for your enthusiasm.

John D Smith:
Hi My camera is only a point and shoot type of digital camera the pictures come out at 2560 x 1920 pixels so I assume this is not good enough?

Regards John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version