General Category > General Discussion

Multico Pro-Mex

(1/1)

Philip Green:
I have just been to visit one of my club's new members and he has the stranges lathe I have ever seen.

Has anybody come across this lathe? The tail stock is fixed and the head stock moves. It has a Daf type variable speed which currently does not work. There is no spindle thread and no chuck.

It seems to be a multi-purpose tool as it has a set of attachments including a circular saw mortiser. The left end can be unclipped so the bed can be put in a vertical position.

The variable speed can probably be fixed quite easily so this guy would end up with a really sturdy and useful lathe except for the lack of a chuck. Does anybody know of a chuck that can be used on this lathe?

John D Smith:
I wonder if this is like something Craft Supplies used to sell and may still do.It was called the "Shopsmith" Regards John

Bryan Milham:
It certainly looks like a variation of an early Shopsmith, the current model is the Mk 5, but I've not seen too many of the earlier ones.

Philip Green:
Thanks for your help fellas.

I showed the photos to Alan Thomas at the weekend and he confirmed what you suggested.

Richard Stapley:
These people appear to have the Manuals for sale for Multico Lathes?

http://store.lathes.co.uk/prints/m?page=6&mac=All

Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version