General Category > General Discussion

Microclene Model MC420

<< < (4/6) > >>

woody:

--- Quote from: Martin Lawrence on October 22, 2012, 09:30:26 AM ---  I think Georges advice re the helmet is perfect but I would also have an extra room air filter on a timer, in my wiorkshop I wear the helmet and the air filter system is on a timer plug to clear the air for an hout before I go in and an hour after the working day. Not cheap but what rice on your health.

I wish you well Martin

--- End quote ---
As I said in reply to George I have tried two types of helmet but as I also have arthritis in my neck I cant wear them I only wish I could

john taylor:
Have you tried the type of air mask where the motor etc is on a belt around your waste?

I know someone who uses one who has the same problem as you and he says they solve the problem and he can wear it all day.

Like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRUSADER-lite-AIR-FED-VISOR-Airfed-Paint-Spray-Mask-/290641143300?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item43ab8fe604

john

woody:
Thanks John that could be my answer I have ordered the mc 720 filter hopefully that will make things better when it arrives I will do a small wright up on it.
And may I say thank you to all of you for your help it is very much appreciated it is good to have somewhere to go and ask and get so much help we are never to old or experienced to learn from others

woodndesign:

Hi Woody,  John could of come up with the ideal thing, but what I see as the fittings looks as if this system is designed to be fed from an air compressor which would need filters and water traps for safe, clean air.

I've seen something on the same lines as this system, but it's a motor and pump that could be on a belt or dropped into the back pocket which fed the mask, 3M has a system of this type, if I recall Les Thorne uses a system like it, as could John Berkeley (Screwples) maybe to contact one of them.

Cheers David

woody:
I have had emails already to tell me the mc760 is being delivered tomorrow hows that for service and I only ordered it this afternoon I will let you know how I get on with it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version