Author Topic: ASH TREE DISEASE  (Read 10286 times)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: ASH TREE DISEASE
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 08:24:57 PM »

They can't have updated the count ..  it should be 85 with mine as well ..  must have gone Home..   

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »
Hi all ,
         I must admit that the petition is not gaining the numbers that I thought it would. Can I ask those of you that use other forums to go on and mention it please? But we still have a year to run.
Regards
John BHT

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »

Note ...  I have checked my e-mail:

Before your signature is added to the e-petition "Stop importing saplings and seeds from other countries." you need to confirm your email address by clicking on the link below:

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/signatures/xxxxxxx/verify/LydQTxRxbTeGbnooUQF ........  (have altered my details)

If you don't want to sign this e-petition or believe this message was sent in error, please ignore this email.

Thanks,

HM Government e-petitions http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/

So please if you've signed the petition: check your e-mail if not done so.

John, yet again it maybe down to the so few, who make the effort ....

Offline Derwent Woodturning club

• bronze
    • Derwent Woodturning Club
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »

Before your signature is added to the e-petition "Stop importing saplings and seeds from other countries." you need to confirm your email address by clicking on the link below:

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/signatures/xxxxxxx/verify/LydQTxRxbTeGbnooUQF ........  (have altered my details)

If you don't want to sign this e-petition or believe this message was sent in error, please ignore this email.
Thanks,

Hi John,
Well done for pointing out that signing the petition needs the email adress to be confirmed, but the link you referred to only applies to your own email address. It won't work for anyone else. They will have to look for their own personalised link in their own emails, and use that to confirm their address. It's a very easy process, but necessary to prevent unauthorised use of email addresses.
Hope that helps,
By the way, I will be putting a link to this post in our club's newsletter to try and increase the number of signatories. And hopefully the AWGB will be highlighting this at the Harrogate show.
Regards,
Derwent Woodturning Club

woody

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 02:10:17 PM »
Sorry I'm a bit late job done

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 01:42:08 AM »

Hi Paul,   I'd posted the whole e-mail, so anyone could see as to what they should look for, as said I altered my details so as not to mislead I'd hoped.

How is the DWC coming along for membership.  Are you still running with the MSWA, I've not had the time to get to them recently ...   :-[ ...

Cheers   David

Thanks,

Hi John,
Well done for pointing out that signing the petition needs the email adress to be confirmed, but the link you referred to only applies to your own email address. It won't work for anyone else. They will have to look for their own personalised link in their own emails, and use that to confirm their address. It's a very easy process, but necessary to prevent unauthorised use of email addresses.
Hope that helps,
By the way, I will be putting a link to this post in our club's newsletter to try and increase the number of signatories. And hopefully the AWGB will be highlighting this at the Harrogate show.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 01:51:43 AM »

88 signed to date ....  the link: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/41223  again should it have been missed in this thread.

Paul has said he has placed the link in the Clubs Newsletter, could other Clubs do the same, if not already done, Please.

I should think as that the AWGB has sent this to Club Secretaries, should any have missed this thread.

Thank You,

David

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »
Hello All,
           I sent an email to the Forestry Commission asking them to clarify the situation regarding the use of Ash affected by Ash Dieback.
 Here is the reply that I received(in full)

The wood can still be used, but due to the restrictions on movement of ash, it cannot be moved from the site at which it was felled. As long as the wood you use is in timber form when you get it and have received it from someone with a license to move ash or from a pest-free area then there is no stopping you continuing using ash for woodturning.

Regards
John BHT

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
John,  good work on tracking that information down. Good news (sort of).
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »

What is the current news ...  few ...  95 if correct have signed to date ....   >:( ...

Like so many other things .. who cares.

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 08:48:52 PM »
At least,at last, something is being done, let's just hope it will happen in time to save the Ash tree.
Regards
John BHT