Author Topic: Finished Drop Pendant  (Read 2304 times)

arcos

Finished Drop Pendant
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
Well, here it is...

3cm Diameter and 4cm high This is 'bell' shaped and hollowed to remove any excessive weight.

Turned from a piece of apple that was originally destined to become a honey dipper  :-[

I am quite pleased with this little piece and really enjoyed turning it. I can feel that I will be making quite a few drop pendants of varying designs over this coming week.

The chord is brown leather and tied with a slip knot for adjustment.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: Finished Drop Pendant
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »
Arcos, it's an interesting shape but I'd suggest you think about where it's supposed to hang.

The bell shape might sit uncomfortably and would certainly not hang straight, having to rest against the owners chest.

Pendants are normally 'flat' or a 'drop' style for this reason.

Having said this, there will be people who do like the idea of the bell shape and will gladly wear it - everyone is different, everyone is unique.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

arcos

Re: Finished Drop Pendant
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:23:58 PM »
And yes of course you are right...

It was just a shape that 'appeared'!

In some ways it nods toward a 'fob' type pendant that you may remember? They didnt sit straight on the wearer either.

No, its not the 'ideal' shape and it really isn't going to be that poplar a shape for most people.

Maybe slightly smaller and  pair would make interesting ear rings?

I am in the process of trying to get something suitable for an off center pendant... Hope to get it turned later this afternoon!