Author Topic: Stock  (Read 3198 times)

Offline TWiG

• gold
Stock
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »
Some recently finished work , various woods ,sizes and shapes,Galleries are stocked and have plenty at home as well  , will not be doing much turning for a while now , have many other projects to get on with .  Terry..

GREEN MAN

Re: Stock
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »
Hello Terry

A great selection of hollow forms in a variety of different timbers and shapes.  They show off the beauty and skill of turning green wood in its raw form, rather than any pre determined dry blank.

I am pleased to hear all the galleries are stocked and wish you the best for all your sales.

All the very best for all your spring/summer projects whatever they may be.

Kind regards

David

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:02:32 AM »
Hi Terry....an impressive array of work. I'm intrigued by the blue/black hollow form, it has great depth of colour and really stands out for me amongst that group.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline steve w

• bronze
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:03:06 AM »
Its threads like this why i joined the forum so i could be inspired and hopfully learn, thanks for sharing the pictures, steve
why do i feel the need to turn a block of wood into shavings?

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:56:26 AM »
Terry

One very fine collect of work I'm with Les intrigued to fine out what the dark one is  :)

Top Turning

Ed

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »
A very impressive collection Terry. I particularly like the centre front form in the first picture. Very eye catching.
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?

Offline TWiG

• gold
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys, The black one is an Ash  HF given the same treatment as some of my bowls ... scorched and dyed , it is slightly burred as well which has provided extra texture in a really nice way .  I am going to be  making some furniture over the coming months ,when time allows between diving , kayaking and walking trips ... happy days  !! Terry.. a close up ..

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 09:22:51 PM »
Terry,

I'm glad you focused on this one, it had to be selected as my favorite as well.  The effect of the scorching and the colour (which you would not think would show, is amazing.

Having said that, I'd like to add that you have made a great looking group of turnings.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!