Author Topic: Had a bit of an accident  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
Had a bit of an accident
« on: September 25, 2015, 03:28:14 PM »
Yesterday,I was making space for a piece of work on the shelf in my workshop and had to move the the last of my fountain series out of the way while I tidied,so put it somewhere safe,famous last thought,moved to the left a bit and knocked it off the shelf,its now in 30 or more pieces,had to walk away or blow a fuse at myself,went back out today and picked up the pieces.

Moral here is,be more bloody careful,

Eric.

welcome to my woodturning world

Offline steve w

• bronze
Re: Had a bit of an accident
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
sorry to hear this - but if it makes you feel better - last week my lad fell off his scooter and grazed his arm once i knew he was i k i tpld him he had learnt a good lesson, later my dog Ted grabbed a log off my pile - i took it off him to put on the log pile stepped on a rake and the handle hit my eye giving me a black one, my lad turned to me and said that learned you a lesson always stand a rake head up  :o - then to add insule while i was nursing my eye Ted slowely walked and got his log back off the pile. - sure there is a moral to this  :D
why do i feel the need to turn a block of wood into shavings?

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
Eric, a tragedy...

is it recoverable, do the pieces fit together so that it's just a long job rebuilding it or is it worse than that?
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »
Oh no, feel for you as the amount of work put in is astonishing. Hope you can fix it.

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 11:32:56 AM »
it looks like it`ll got back together,most of the small tennons survived,only one I can see snapped completely off,just a job of,looking to see where they all go and hopefully fit them back together,looks like another glass case needed to stop this happening again.

Steve sorry to hear about the eye,shame no-one had a camcorder handy though,could have made a quick pound or two off that telly prog.
welcome to my woodturning world