Author Topic: Mike Collas  (Read 2532 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Mike Collas
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
I am sorry to hear Mike Collas is retiring as the AWGB Secretary, over the years Mike has done a tremendous amount of work for the AWGB
I would personally like to say thank you Mike and good luck in the future.Best Wishes John Smith
John Smith

thebowlerhattedturner

Re: Mike Collas
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »
John,
       I echo your sentiments entirely but although Mike is no longer the secretary you will still see him about at some of the shows. As a committed member of the AWGB he has volunteered to help man stands at some of the shows so you will still have the opportunity to catch up with him in the future.
Regards
John BHT

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:56:42 PM »
I don't think I've ever met Mike but as a member of the AWGB I fuuly appreciate the work that our committee members do.

So I'd like to add my thanks for his past efforts and best wishes for the future.

I aslo note he'll continue having an input at shows etc. So we're not loosing him completely - guess it's got under his skin!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Frans Brown

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
Having met Mike on several occasions while he was on the stand representing AWGB, I would like to say, he did a terrific job. It was always a pleasure to talk to him. He gave the impression that your views were considered. In my mind he was the approachable side of AWGB.

I haven’t always agreed with the attitude prevalent at the AWGB, but after a brief chat with Mike I always felt better about it.
Sorry to see you go Mike.

Frans

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »

Well done Mike, look forward to seeing you out an about, take care and enjoy yourself.

Cheers          David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''