General Category > General Discussion

Fox F28-186 Bandsaw Help Please

<< < (2/7) > >>

Philip Greenwood:
Hi Katchin

I can see from this photo that something is wrong, is the blade running correctly in the lower guide bearings, ie have you check the blade is running between the 2 bearings.

Second have you adjusted the lower guides as well as the top ones. All the bearing top and bottom needs to be moved away from the blade by at least 5mm then you need to adjust the blade tension, after this you need to adjust the guide bearings so there only just touch the blade, do this for the 4 side bearings, then adjust the back thrust bearings to just touching the blade.

The upper guide assemble will rise and fall to accommodate the thickness of wood being cut, but will be able to be lock at the set height if not lock this will move.

I am sure other will give advice as well.

Philip

thebowlerhattedturner:
Hi Katchin.
              What I suggest is this.With the blade removed temporarily remove the guide assembly,this is probably held on with 2 6mm bolts or cap screws and fixed to the aluminium blade guard. If your machine is 2 speed, choose which speed you want it on (I normally leave mine on fast).Clean the drive belt pulley and position the belt.Tension the belt,once tensioned, you should be able to give it about a quarter twist between finger and thumb, this should indicate the correct tension. Replace the blade and tension it as normal and see where in relation to the bed the blade ends up. Remember that the blade should run on the crown of the wheel.
 If it is still too far to the left try tweaking the position of the bed. Once you are happy drop the blade guard down and run up the machine, once the blade is running true reposition the blade guides. Fit the guard with all the bearings positioned away from the blade. Move the thrust bearing, the one behind the blade, until it is no more than 1mm away from the back of the blade. This is there to stop you stressing the blade during a cut,if you are constantly rubbing it during use your blade may need a sharpen. Next adjust the guide bearings, 1 either side of the blade. They should just be off touching the blade and should be positioned behind the tooth gullet.
I hope this helps, watch you fingers and don't sue me if it doesn't work.
Regards
John

thebowlerhattedturner:
Katchin, Philip made a good point which I forgot but is very important, make sure the bottom guides are set correctly as they could influence the blade aswell.
John

Katchin:
i think they are ok, picture 4 from my original post is of the bottom guides. Having never used a bandsaw before its a little difficult to be sure if it is correct or not.

Philip Greenwood:
Hi

Did you get your bandsaw local or by mail order.  If local i would contact them and tell them the problem, a photo would help show your problem, if by mail oder send them the photos with the information that you have told us.

The other way is to contact Fox, the number should be on the Manual.

Philip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version